Diamond Road Smoother
- The Diamond Road Smoother is an all-in-one machine that combines a profiler, computer system, water tank, cutting machine, brooms, vacuum system and arrow boards.
- 8 foot wide grinding allows a full lane road to be cut in just two passes.
- With combined profiling and cutting, the Diamond Road Smoother is safe to use as workers do not need to exit the cab.
- A laser system and camera system allows obstacles to be marked from inside the cab. Fully automated after a 1 minute setup period.
- The Diamond Road Smoother has three speeds: highway speeds, 10 miles/hour when leveling
wheels are down, and computer-controlled cutting speeds. Top speed for competition – 3 miles/hour.
- 5 times more teeth than regular road mills; leaving a finished surface that traffic can drive immediately.
- In a 2002 Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) survey, road condition was cited as the public’s number one criterion for satisfaction.
- A National Cooperative Highway Research Program analysis showed that improved smoothness extends pavement performance life by as much as 50 percent.
Diamond Road provides Diamond Road Smoothing throughout the United States through our rental program. We supply one man and the Diamond Road Smoother you provide the water, traffic control, and the road to smooth.
Our Diamond Road Smoother has been built already!
Use the Diamond Road Smoother to smooth new roads, existing roads, and new patches.
Smooth bumps by Diamond grinding on your roads before the next scheduled maintenance and after they are newly paved.
Patches are difficult if not impossible to lay completely smooth. Smooth all your new patches as part of a yearly smoothing program.
The Diamond Road Smoother leaves a correct texture that:
- Reduces tire vibration
- Increases skid resistance
- Reduces pavement noise
Why have Smooth Roads?
- Traveling public likes smooth roads
- Smooth roads last longer
- Smooth roads are safer
- Smooth roads save fuel
We want to hear your feedback and any comments, that will help us develop a Road Smoother that is needed in maintaining smooth city streets. Please call our Inventor Garlon Maxwell on his cell (801) 92I-266O. He will be happy to hear all your suggestions.